Lightning Logistics, LLC fully supports and follows all rules and regulations mandated by the US Department of Transportation, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, and the Texas Department of Transportation Motor Carriers Division. We only hire professional, safe, and courteous drivers. Further, to ensure drivers uphold Lightning’s expectation for exceptional service, our drivers are subject to the following tests and prerequisites:
Owner Operators interested in driving for Lightning Logistics, LLC must meet the Driver Qualifications outlined below:
- Must be between 23-69 years old
- Must have at least 2 years driving experience
- Must pass a vehicle & trailer (if applicable) inspection
- Must not have more than 85 points on CSA Score
- Must pass MVR search
- Must pass background check
- Must pass drug screen
- Must be able to communicate in English
- MUST register CDL with Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and consent to a query by Lightning Logistics
Lightning Logistics requires each driver to adhere to our safety policy and mandates that they inspect their vehicles daily to prevent any potential hazards. With the vast experience our drivers possess in securing loads, you can rest assure your load will arrive safely and in perfect condition.
Applicants must provide the required documents below upon request.
- CDL, Class C, or Class B Driver’s License
- Medical Card (If Applicable)
- TWIC Card
- Social Security Card
- Work Authorization
- Green Card
- Naturalization Papers
- Registration (Apportioned Cab Card) for truck & trailer
- State DOT Inspection for truck & trailer
- Bobtail Insurance (Proof of Coverage)
- For Apportion Plates:
- Texas Title of Application Receipt
- 2290 for Tractors if owned more than 3 months
Below is an overview of the Qualification & On-Boarding Process that an Owner-Operator can expect to go through when contracting with Lightning Logistics.
On-Boarding Time: 1 Week
Note: Some circumstances may require more than a week due to missing paperwork, etc.